Water Damage Restoration Service
Water damage mitigation is the process of stabilizing, cleaning, and completely drying affected building materials after sustaining any level of water damage. These damages can be caused by various sources such as flooding, pipe breaks, and sewer backup. No matter the source or extent of damage, an immediate emergency response by JCR’s trained technicians will quickly stabilize your property and control the extent of loss. JCR’s response to water damage mitigation is based on reliable restoration principles, research, and practical experience with extensive consultation and information gathered from numerous industry experts. Our goal is to not only restore properties, but to educate consumers on the proper standards that restoration efforts should follow.
Water Damage Caused by Burst Pipes
In the winter months, if you experience a water damage event caused by a frozen or burst pipe, make sure you call a trusted disaster restoration specialist to provide emergency services. Until they arrive, do the following:
- Check the electrical box. Can you turn it off? Is the water over the electrical sockets on the floor or walls? If so, do not touch!
- Identify the source of water: sanitary water (i.e. broken pipe) / contaminated water (i.e. washing machine overflow) / grossly contaminated water (i.e. sewage damage).
- Stop the source of the water and secure the evidence (i.e. broken pipe, valve, etc).
- Cover and close ALL open chemicals, cleaners, paints, or containers with liquids.
- Take photos of each affected area, especially damaged contents like electronics, for the insurance company.
- If the water is isolated to a small area, use a shop-vac to start extracting water.
- Be extremely careful with slippery floor conditions.